Archive for July 16th, 2010
Posted in Uncategorized, tagged Big government, Bill of Rights, Constitution, Constitutional rights, Constitutional violations, Control grid, Federal authority, Federal control, Federal government, Federal tyranny, Government abuse, Government control, Police state, Privacy, Surveillance on July 16, 2010 | 1 Comment »
These grossly invasive contraptions were rushed into use immediately after the infamous Christmas Day underwear bomber incident—an incident in which the presumed perpetrator was helped aboard his flight by the CIA. It later came to light that Michael Chertoff, former Secretary of Homeland Security, is a shill for one of the manufacturers of the devices.
Oh, and did we mention that the head of Columbia University’s Center for Radiological Research, among other specialists, has said the machines might give you cancer? Don’t believe that others agree? Just Google “body scanners cancer.”
Many frequent fliers complain they’re time-consuming or invade their privacy. The world’s airlines say they shouldn’t be used for primary security screening. And questions are being raised about possible effects on passengers’ health.
“The system takes three to five times as long as walking through a metal detector,” says Phil Bush of Atlanta, one of many fliers on USA TODAY’s Road Warriors panel who oppose the machines. “This looks to be yet another disaster waiting to happen.”
The machines — dubbed by some fliers as virtual strip searches — were installed at many airports in March after a Christmas Day airline bombing attempt. The Transportation Security Administration has spent more than $80 million for about 500 machines, including 133 now at airports. It plans to install about 1,000 by the end of next year.
Read more at USA Today.
Follow us on
Search This Blog
- new story on darkpolitricks No NSA Spyin Did NOT Prevent a Terror Attack on Wall st bit.ly/18YprsP #news #politics 1 hour ago
- new story on darkpolitricks “Doomsday Weapons To Syria” Putin bit.ly/18YlHHE #news #politics 2 hours ago
- new story on darkpolitricks Internet Sales Taxes a headache 4 small business ownrs bit.ly/12IteXN #news #politics 3 hours ago
- new story on darkpolitricks Google challenges US gag ordr citin 1st Amendment bit.ly/1bT8V9z #news #politics 4 hours ago
- G20 Bureaucrat Hails Plan as a ‘Great Leap Forward’
- Georgia Man in Trouble for Growing Too Many Vegetables
- Forty-Four Percent Say Feds Operate Outside Constitution
- Senators Knew Gulf of Tonkin Attack Was a False Flag
- European Nations Raiding Private Pension Funds
- Certain Provisions of the Patriot Act to Remain Secret
- Roll Call of the Vote to Renew the Patriot Act
- Predatory Feds Want to Go after Farm Tractors
TagsAirstrip One Big government Bill of Rights City government abuse Civil unrest Constitution Constitutional rights Constitutional violations Control grid Corporate colonialism Drug trade Economic war Eugenics Federal authority Federal control Federal government Federal police Federal Reserve Federal tyranny Financial collapse Financial crisis Forced drugging Global government Globalism Global warming Government abuse Government control Government corruption Pharmaceuticals Police brutality Police state Privacy Recession Social unrest Surveillance Swine flu Taxation Tax evasion Tenth Amendment Terrorism Traffic cameras War on terror War profiteering Wealth confiscation World government